Winchester & Chandler's Ford MP, Steve Brine, was busy in the constituency during Parliament's August recess in 2011 holding his first Summer Tour!
Steve took his busy constituency surgery out of Winchester during August and September 2011, into different communities across the area. He says; "I have always said we don't just knock on doors at election time and I hope the Summer Tour proved that once again. The team and I had a great time, I cannot wait until Summer Tour 2012 but hope for slightly better weather next time!"
Steve's Summer Tour 2011 included;
- Surgery with Alresford City Councillor Ernie Jeffs in The John Pearson Hall at St John's Parish Church held on Friday 12 August; see post-event details here.
- Surgery with new Winnall local campaigner Candice Cutler in the Winnall Community Centre on Garbett Road on Tuesday 16 August; see post-event details here.
- Surgery with St Barnabas (Weeke & Teg Down) City Councillor Eileen Berry at Mountbatten Court on Andover Road on Friday 26 August; see post-event details here.
- Surgery with new St Lukes City Councillor (including, Stanmore) Jamie Scott at The Carroll Centre in Somers Close, Stanmore on Thursday 1 September; see post-event details here.
- Surgery in Chandler's Ford at the Methodist Centre on Winchester Road on Thursday 1 September.
- Street surgery in Chandler's Ford at the Fryern Arcade on Friday 23 September; see post-event details here.
Steve's Summer Tour 2011 also included;
- Canvassing in South Wonston on Monday 15 August; see image.
- Meeting residents in Kings Worthy on Thursday 18 August.
- Knocking doors in Harestock on Thursday 25 August.
- Meeting constituents in Colden Common on Tuesday 30 August; see story.
- Street Surgery in Alresford on Saturday 10 September with Cllr Ernie Jeffs.
- Canvassing in the Hyde & Abbots Barton area on Thursday 22 September.
- Chatting to local people in Alresford and surrounding area on Thursday 29 September.
Steve's Summer Tour will be returning in August/September 2012; if you would like the team to visit your area or even to hold a special open surgery in your community, please get in touch.
Pictured; Steve and the team from 4C's Cafe in Colden Common which Steve dropped into for a cup of tea during the 2011 Tour.