Steve's Summer Tour, in its fourth year, was back for 2014 - with more dates than ever before!
Summer Tour is a great opportunity for Steve to meet constituents in a range of settings, from street surgeries held right across the constituency, door-knocking and even a supermarket surgery- held for the second year running in Badger Farm Sainsbury's.
Steve says; "The House of Commons rose on the Tuesday and my Summer Tour started on the Wednesday. Throughout July, August and the first week of September I am visiting more communities than ever, and as well as being able to discuss national policy and local issues with constituents, I also pick up a lot of casework so it's a wholly worthwhile exercise and something I look forward to each Summer."
Pictured above; Steve chatting with a resident about a parking issue in Colden Common.
Key dates for 2014 included;
- Stanmore - Steve and his family opened the St Luke's Summer Fete on Saturday 19 July
- Fulflood - To kick off 2014, on 23 July, the team were out meeting residents in the area
- Stanmore - Steve and his teams were out, also on 23 July, in Kings Avenue and Stanmore Lane
- Chandler's Ford - On 24 July Steve and councillors held a surgery at the Fryern Arcade
- St Cross - On Saturday 26 July the Summer Tour team were be joined by Cllrs Tait and Mather to meet residents in the St Faith's Road area.
- Abbotts Barton - St Barts was the venue on 28 July for meeting residents in the new Cassandra Road development
- Colden Common - On the morning of 29 July Steve was in the village meeting constituents
- Sainsbury's - For the second year, Steve held a supermarket surgery at the Badger Farm store on 30 July
- Shawford - Joined by Cllr Jan Warwick, Steve and the team visited the area on 31 July
- St Giles Hill - Steve was out with the new St Johns team in this area overlooking the city on 31 July
- Sutton Scotney - Steve was in the village with local councillors on 4 August
- Old Alresford - The team spent the morning in the village with Cllr Ernie Jeffs on 6 August
- Itchen Abbas - Almost home for an afternoon (on 6 August) meeting the locals
- Crawley - Meeting residents followed by a bite at the local pub
- Sparsholt - Refreshed by the pub, it's out into the village with the team
- Alresford - Rounding things off with another Broad Street 'street' surgery
If you have any questions about the 2014 Tour or wish to suggest a venue for future year's, please don't hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org