A one-day conference, called 'Propagating Green Therapies in the UK: Joining the Dots' was held at Tuppeny Barn in Southbourne. A joint venture between Gardening4Health, Garden Masterclass and Tuppenny Barn, the national seminar heard from people working in the green therapy sector and their wish to make Green Care available to all. Award-winning landscape designer and BBC Gardeners’ World presenter, Arit Anderson will be compering an outstanding line up of speakers including:
- Maggie Haynes, CEO of Tuppenny Barn
- Sue Stuart-Smith, Psychiatrist and author of ‘The Well Gardened Mind’
- Steve Brine, MP for Winchester and Chair of the Commons Health and Social Care Committee
- Richard Claxton GP, founder of Gardening4Health and keen advocate of nature-based therapy
- Fiona Thackery, CEO of Trellis, Scotland’s network for therapeutic gardening
The event was open to all and was a of particular interest to professional people working in the field and those considering starting their own Green Therapy project.
Steve Brine said : "Absolutely fantastic Green Therapy Conference today near Emsworth organised by Gardening4Health, Garden Masterclass and Tuppenny Barn. Pleasure to speak, with young Monty alongside me, about the role of gardening, social prescribing and the major prevention inquiry my select committee is undertaking."